I am grateful for a new year, with a fresh start! The year 2011 brought a lot of experiences in my life that has made me change the way I look at life, and I have truly grown from my challenges and spiritual experiences that I have had. I'm grateful for all of my trials and happy moments! I want to be able to think of ways to be happy EVERY SINGLE DAY! Life is too short to spend it being sad or down. I'm no blogger, so I hope that my desire to do this everyday will continue. I know that if we stay positive, and look up in life, anything negative will become a positive experience! With that said..........Let's Smile!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

SMILE #351 White Elephant Gift Exchange

Every year close to Christmas the whole extended family from my mothers side, gets together for a Christmas dinner and evening together.  Not all make it, .......my grandparents had 6 kids, who all had several kids of their own, who now has had many several children of theirs!  All in all, it's a large group, and not all can make it ever year, but it's a fun time to look forward to seeing many of my extended family!  

One thing we do at this gathering is play a white elephant gift exchange game!  My kids just LOVE this game, and quite frankly I do too!  This year I completely forgot to find gifts ahead of time, sometimes i'll just go and purchase in-expensive items from the store, but since I forgot, I had to truly come up with what I had at home for the white elephant gifts........5 of them! But i'll have to admit that I found some great things that I didn't need, but were still of great use to someone else!  It was a fun game, and my family ended up with some fun items!  A Josh Groban Christmas CD, A lg. book of scrapbook paper, a box of crayons, and some type of bobble head toy from the star-wars collection!  Pretty fun stuff!  It's a game that makes people smile, and it turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment