I am grateful for a new year, with a fresh start! The year 2011 brought a lot of experiences in my life that has made me change the way I look at life, and I have truly grown from my challenges and spiritual experiences that I have had. I'm grateful for all of my trials and happy moments! I want to be able to think of ways to be happy EVERY SINGLE DAY! Life is too short to spend it being sad or down. I'm no blogger, so I hope that my desire to do this everyday will continue. I know that if we stay positive, and look up in life, anything negative will become a positive experience! With that said..........Let's Smile!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

SMILE #344 Broccoli Salad

We had a family function to attend to this evening, and I was asked to bring a green salad!  But I wasn't really in the mood to bring just a leafy type of salad, so I decided to make one of my favorites, but one that I had never made!  Broccoli Salad!  Anytime this salad is served somewhere, i just love it, but I've never made it on my own, so I thought why not try it!

As I was mixing the dressing into the salad at the family party, my sister in-law was so excited that I brought it!  She was wanting the exact salad, but didn't care to really assign it to anyone!  I thought it was pretty cool!  It made her smile, as well as all the other guests!  It was the 1st thing to go!  So yummy, and super easy to make!  And it's a really yummy way to get a lot of broccoli down, when it's not your favorite thing!  I love broccoli, but raw.....not as much, but with this salad, I LOVE it!

Here is the website to the recipe I used, but I tweaked mine a bit!


Instead of raisins, I added Craisins, and I omitted the cherry tomatoes!  I also added quite a bit more broccoli than it asked for!  The dressing should be very light!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment