I am grateful for a new year, with a fresh start! The year 2011 brought a lot of experiences in my life that has made me change the way I look at life, and I have truly grown from my challenges and spiritual experiences that I have had. I'm grateful for all of my trials and happy moments! I want to be able to think of ways to be happy EVERY SINGLE DAY! Life is too short to spend it being sad or down. I'm no blogger, so I hope that my desire to do this everyday will continue. I know that if we stay positive, and look up in life, anything negative will become a positive experience! With that said..........Let's Smile!

Saturday, December 8, 2012

SMILE #343 Homemade Christmas Gift Tradition

I've mentioned this in an earlier post, but I felt like it deserved it's own!  Today I spend a few hours finishing up a gift that I get to give to someone in my family!  It's a tradition that our family has held for a VERY long time!  We (try to) keep the names a secret up until it's time to give the gifts, and it's so fun to finally give the gift after spending so much time on it.

It makes me smile, that we have kept this tradition.  It's not always easy, but I feel like it really sends a different message.  A message from the heart, telling the person that we had, that we cared enough to take time to think of what could be made for them, and then taking the time it requires to actually carry it through.  

I'm excited to give the gifts this year.  Normally we do it on Christmas Eve, but this year, we'll be doing it a bit early, since we'll all be gathered together for my little brothers wedding!  Super excited!

What's a fun family Christmas Tradition that puts a smile on your face?

No comments:

Post a Comment