I am grateful for a new year, with a fresh start! The year 2011 brought a lot of experiences in my life that has made me change the way I look at life, and I have truly grown from my challenges and spiritual experiences that I have had. I'm grateful for all of my trials and happy moments! I want to be able to think of ways to be happy EVERY SINGLE DAY! Life is too short to spend it being sad or down. I'm no blogger, so I hope that my desire to do this everyday will continue. I know that if we stay positive, and look up in life, anything negative will become a positive experience! With that said..........Let's Smile!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

SMILE #361 Helpful Neighbors

I have to say, HANDS DOWN, I have the best neighbors in the world!  The one right next door particularly today, made me and I know my husband smile!  With all of this snow we got today, I was feeling so bad, knowing that after a long day's of work, my husband was still going to have to come and shovel it all away!  Being almost 8 months prego, it's just not a good idea for me to go and do that sort of stuff this year!  But later this afternoon, I was looking out my window, and what did I see?!  .......My wonderful neighbor Noel shoveling my driveway!  He had already done his by hand as well!  He's an older man, who is retired, but is always helping someone, and today is not the first that he's been so helpful to me and my family personally!



But with the smile he gave me, I quickly started baking him some goodies, as a small way to repay his service and say thank-you!  He's such a great example to me, and a reminder, that age doesn't matter!  No matter how old you are, you can always serve, and make others smile!  I hope to do this my whole life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment