I am grateful for a new year, with a fresh start! The year 2011 brought a lot of experiences in my life that has made me change the way I look at life, and I have truly grown from my challenges and spiritual experiences that I have had. I'm grateful for all of my trials and happy moments! I want to be able to think of ways to be happy EVERY SINGLE DAY! Life is too short to spend it being sad or down. I'm no blogger, so I hope that my desire to do this everyday will continue. I know that if we stay positive, and look up in life, anything negative will become a positive experience! With that said..........Let's Smile!

Thursday, December 13, 2012

SMILE #348 Silent Night

Tonight was a wonderful night full of family events.  We had the wedding dinner for my brother and his bride to be, and then our family had our traditional "open the homemade gifts", and that was so wonderful!  I have to give a huge THANK YOU to my wonderful sister in-law Larissa!  She made me the best gift in the world, and I cannot thank her enough!  It's not quite finished though, because it's up to me to get it finished!  She made me a framed wall art of ALL of my smiles!  I was so thrilled and touched that I couldn't help but cry tears of happiness!  It was such a thoughtful gift, and i'm going to treasure it always!  (She'll get me the final copy when the year is over and my journey for 365 smiles are complete!)

But after we opened up all of the gifts, my wonderful dad made the request (as he does many times during the Christmas season) for all of us to sing "Silent Night"  A version from when we each had our turn in the high school choir!  The song brings me to tears every time I sing it!  It's a song that every single sibling has had a chance to be part of at one point in our teen years!  All of us have learned it, and many can even play the difficult piano accompaniment.   It makes me smile, that our family has been blessed with a musical talent.  Some for sure excelled more than others (I was not one of them).  But God truly blessed everyone in our family with a voice that can carry a tune, and that is something we will always love and cherish.  It was a special time, with all of my siblings together and singing, and that's a memory that will always make me smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment